According to the WHO, The Global status report on road safety 2013 estimates that more than 231 000 people are killed in road traffic crashes in India every year. Approximately half of all deaths on the country's roads are among vulnerable road users - motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists.A heterogeneous traffic mix that includes high-speed vehicles sharing the road space with vulnerable road users as well as unsafe road infrastructure and vehicles that are in poor condition all contribute to the high fatality rates seen on India’s roads.
ReflectoSafe brings to you some extremely important road safety tips that one must always follow:
- Before leaving/driving make sure you have had enough/proper sleep.
- Check your car's roadworthiness. Headlights, indicators, stop lights, tail-lights, windscreen wiper blades, mirrors, brakes, steering, tyres, tyre pressures, exhaust system and possible oil or fuel leaks.Check that the spare wheel is in good condition and properly inflated.
- Wear your seat belt, put the mobile phone away, stick to the speed limits, check your blind spots every time, do not drink and drive at any cost.
- Wear Helmets, avoid changing lanes frequently, avoid squeezing in tight channels, do not over speed, don’t race, Indian roads are not meant for bike Racing
One of the reason for the road accidents in India are the poorly lit areas. Due to this, small vehicles such as bikes, scooters, cycles and even joggers/walkers can’t be seen, thus this results in some tragic accidents. They key element in such situation is the visibility of the bikers, joggers, cyclists etc. High visibility makes the traveller more visible and hence makes him a hard to miss obstacle to the other rider/driver. Reflectosafe understands this need of high visibility and hence has introduced new products for Road Safety in India.
- Reflective Elastic Crossbelt It makes the rider visible from a great distance, it is extremely light weight and is adjustable to any body size. It can be used by any and everyone, be it a joggers, walkers, cyclist, biker etc. It remains our best selling product on amazon
- Reflective helmet stickers For the riders who do not wish to wear anything on their body, we have got you covered through our reflective helmet stickers which can also be used on the body of the bike
- Reflective Elastic arm/ankle bands for runners/joggers/walkers we have an additional set of reflective elastic armbands and ankle straps along with the reflective crossbelt
- Wheel Spokes To get the cyclist covered, Reflectosafe introduced Reflective cycle Wheel spokes. It reflects when the headlight of the car falls on the cycle wheel thus making he cyclist more visible